Send email to admin after user signed up

I’m using Auth0 - JS library to sign up the users. I created a rule to send an e-mail after the user sign up, but this rule has not being called.

Rule code:

function(user, context, callback) {
  console.log('THIS LOG MESSAGE DOES NOT APPEAR ON AUTH0 LOGS');

user.app_metadata = user.app_metadata || {};
  if (!user.app_metadata.signedUp) {
    return callback(null, user, context);
  }
  ... SEND EMAIL WITH SENDGRID HERE

export const auth0 = require('auth0-js');
auth.redirect.signupAndLogin( ... )

Ref: https://auth0.com/forum/t/how-to-send-email-to-admin-when-user-registers/2987/2

Technically, I could not reproduce the situation regarding the console.log statement as the first statement of a rule. The message was correctly shown on the Webtask Real-time Logs extension; have in mind that these messages will not appear in the Logs section of the Dashboard which is meant to logs associated with known events.

In addition, the logic of the rule that you included is implemented in a way that does not seem correct as you seem to be performing the signup directly from the client application using the public endpoint for signup. This means that the user will be created without app_metadata, which then causes the rule to initialize it to an empty object { }.

If the app_metadata is an empty object then !user.app_metadata.signedUp will always evaluate to true because the signedUp property won’t exist which is a falsy value that is negated to become true and in such way terminate rule execution without sending the email. If you’re setting the signedUpproperty after sending the email, then you should fix the first condition and remove the negation operator.