Can I generate a JWT with Java and use Node.js to decode it?

I’m trying to decode the JWT in node server [npm install jsonwebtoken] which is created in java [io.jsonwebtoken / jjwt / 0.6.0] but getting invalid signature error.

Does anyone had experienced the same and found the solution then could you please share with the group.

The JWT token format is standardized and there are available libraries for a variety of programming languages and technology stacks so the answer to your question is yes, you can create a JWT in Java and consume it in a Node.js application.

For a quick list of the available libraries across different programming languages you can check the Libraries section in jwt.io.

In relation to the error in question, it’s likely some incorrect configuration in your code as you’re using third-party libraries which are used by others so any serious and obvious issues around decoding would likely already been detected and fixed.

Given this a generic situation related to JWT libraries you may also consider posting the question to more generalist forums like StackOverflow (which as a consequence have an increased audience of users) and be sure to include the necessary sample code that reproduces the issues.

Thanks for the response. I will try to use different libraries and will post my findings soon… Thanks!

Thanks for the response. I will try to use different libraries and will post my findings soon… Thanks!