Unauthorized: Bad mac during signup

When calling https://{{our-domain}.auth0.com/dbconnections/signup we are receiving

{
    "name": "UnauthorizedError",
    "description": "Unauthorized: Bad mac",
    "statusCode": 401
}

This endpoint worked with our current call previously (no code has changed)

What is bad mac?

This is happening for us as well, when attempting to send the passwordless email code. We have not made any changes recently. All I find in the logs is “Bad mac”

It happens to me too!!! What is it? What can i do?

Me too!

Plz fix ASAP!

Just created a support ticket for this. I am experiencing this on some but not all of my sites using Auth0

We were able to replicate the issue and are currently working on resolving it. We will keep you posted with any updates and apologize for the inconvenience.

Thanks for working on my issue Fady!

We are experiencing this as well using JS passwordless SMS.

It is happening with me too in production!!!

Auth0 just posted about this issue on twitter

The issue has been resolved and details pertaining to this incident can be found here: Error on creating DB and Passwordless users on PREVIEW environment • Auth0 Status Page

We apologize for the inconvenience!

My pleasure :slight_smile:

I’m getting this error when trying to impersonate.
this is the error message I’m getting:
{“error”:“access_denied”,“error_description”:“Impersonation - Bad mac”}

is this the same error you are fixing?
also, what is the ETA for deploying the fix?

Thanks,
Eli.

“error: access_denied, error_description: Impersonation - Bad mac” obviously has not been resolved. It happened to me just now, while attempting to log in using Google, and similar errors happen to me all the time.

This is happening for us as well, when attempting to send the passwordless email code. We have not made any changes recently. All I find in the logs is “Bad mac”

Just created a support ticket for this. I am experiencing this on some but not all of my sites using Auth0

Me too!

Plz fix ASAP!

We are experiencing this as well using JS passwordless SMS.

It happens to me too!!! What is it? What can i do?

It is happening with me too in production!!!