AD/LDAP Connector: Network error: self signed certificate in certificate chain

I am trying to install the AD/LDAP Connector on a Windows 2012 domain controller and I’m getting the following error message when I enter the ticket url:

Network error: self signed certificate in certificate chain

If it is pertinent, the domain controller is also configured as a root certificate authority. Does anyone know how to resolve this?![alt text][1]

Based on the information you provided and the point at which the error happens a likely cause is that you’re behind a corporate proxy which uses self-signed certificates and the AD Connector (which is Node based) rejects the request to the ticket URL due to the proxy presenting a self-signed certificate.

The exact solution may be dependent on the exact characteristics of the proxy in question. See the following posts for additional reference. In addition, a quick thing you can try is to explicitly set the HTTP_PROXY environment variable to point to your proxy.

I’m running into the same issue. Does anyone have any insights ?

I’m running into the same issue. Does anyone have any insights ?

I’m seeing the same error. I checked with our infrastructure engineers and they assured me there are no self-signed certificates in our environment or proxies.

I was running into the same problem. I was assured by our infrastructure engineers there were no self-signed certificates in our environment. I decided to install the LDAP connector on a Linux server. The agent installed with no problems. One thing I did notice from the output of starting the connector on Linux was that the connector itself generates a self-signed cert:
ubuntu@ip-172-31-34-211:/opt/auth0-adldap$ node server.js

[2017-12-08 21:01:30] Generating a self-signed certificate.
[2017-12-08 21:01:33] Certificate generated.