Password reset email not received

I am using Auth0 email provider (default) but when I click the link “Don’t Remember password” it brings up screen where it shows my correct email and when I click send it says that it has sent email but I never receive the email. ( I am using the javascript app that I downloaded from Auth0 web site from my account, and all other things seem to be working ok)

2 Likes

Same issues here - I tried few times today with multiple users - haven’t received an email. Checked spam folder - nothing there. Checked auth0 log - says the email was sent.

Same issues here - I tried few times today with multiple users - haven’t received an email. Checked spam folder - nothing there. Checked auth0 log - says the email was sent.

I am looking into this on my end. In saying that, we highly recommend you use a custom email provider (such as SendGrid, Amazon SES) to avoid facing any issues that we might have on our end. The default email provider is also not suitable for use in a production environment - if you are using it in a production environment, you should configure a custom email provider at the earliest.

Hi I am using an Azure SendGrid account and the change password emails are never send.

I’m using the Amazon SES custom email provider and the change password emails are never received.

They are reported as sent successfully in the Auth0 logs but do not show up in SES.

Verification emails work fine, as well as the “Send test email” button in the Auth0 > Email > Provider GUI.

I have raised a ticket with Auth0 support, which has been escalated to engineering on 21/08/2017. I haven’t heard back yet. Obviously, a very serious concern as this issue means that our users cannot reset their passwords.

Same here, Amazon SES as email provider, but the email is never sent

I am using a custom email provider (Office 365) and can receive the Test and Verification emails, but the password resets are never delivered, even though the logs say they have been sent.

1 Like

I am using a custom email provider (Office 365) and can receive the Test and Verification emails, but the password resets are never delivered, even though the logs say they have been sent.

I’ve been chasing this issue with Auth0 support since 21 August 2017. They have recognised a bug at their end, but no progress, and apparently not a development priority. See the full thread in the support ticket here:

If you’re considering using Auth0 in production, my recommendation based on experience so far would be to stay well away if possible.

Thanks Alan,
That support ticket will only be visible to yourself.
I guess I will have to log a support ticket myself as well.

The majority of my experience (in development) has been positive, but this particular issue is concerning. Manually resetting users passwords is not a viable workaround either.

I am having the same issue, no password reset emails are being received. This is critical issue and needs to be worked with priority. Anyone could contact AUTH0 support team, so they could push this issue up in the priority list?

I am having the same issue, no password reset emails are being received. This is critical issue and needs to be worked with priority. Anyone could contact AUTH0 support team, so they could push this issue up in the priority list?

Alan, is there any news on this issue?

Same issue using SES!!

I have the same concern. I am using Amazon SES as mail provider. Verification emails are going out, but reset password emails are NOT going out. This is a priority concern.

I submitted a support ticket and it was resolved fairly promptly. (within hours of my ticket response)

In my case it seemed to be something wrong with my tenant that they updated in the backend. Unfortunately I wasn’t given any great detail on the cause/resolution.

I think you response is a comment not a reply

Hope someone is able to provide more information.
PS: I did receive emails for password reset just now after quite a few hours of when they were originally sent. Waiting for email for another request that I sent about half an hour ago