Passwordless email contains unformatted text

The passwordless email code email contains a header that looks like: “Welcome to [Your Application]!” (verbatim). As far as I can tell, this string is not present in the body template (the standard one). My app name is correctly interpolated into the subject and the footer of the name, e.g. subject is “Welcome to Acme Solutions”. How can I fix this?

Can you provide a screenshot of the header, and the email body code you are using. I have been unable to reproduce this using the default template.

![alt text][1]

Using the default template

![alt text][1]

Using the default template

Thanks for providing that. Can you also please confirm if you’ve configured your own email provider? Configure External SMTP Email Providers

I have not configured my own email provider.

@christian.johansen I have investigated this further and have found a bug in our handling of sending passwordless emails. I have lodged this issue with our engineering team. As a workaround, configuring your own email provider and making a slight customization in the email template should result in the expected behaviour; configuring an email provider is also a requirement to remove the restrictions placed on using the default Auth0 provider.

I have investigated this further and have found a bug in our handling of sending passwordless emails. I have lodged this issue with our engineering team.

As a workaround, configuring your own email provider and making a slight customization in the email template should result in the expected behavior; configuring an email provider is also a requirement to remove the restrictions placed on using the default Auth0 provider.

Hi @prashant, any update of when this bug is expected to be fixed? I’m evaluating Auth0 as my authentication provider and I’m also running into this issue.

Thanks

Can you please provide the email body code

Still not fixed. Update on the ETA?

The engineering team is still reviewing this and there’s no ETA to share for the time being. Please take into consideration that there is a workaround for this, which is to configure your own email provider and changing the email template slightly (configuring your own email provider is also a requirement for you to move to production as explained here)