Instructions for configuring Auth0 SSO integration for SharePoint don't work for 2016

I have a onprem SharePoint 2016 installation and am trying to configure Auth0 SSO integration.

I ran the PowerShell scripts produced in the SharePoint Configuration Instructions without error or issue. However, the script seems to copy files to C:\Program Files\Common Files\microsoft shared\Web Server Extensions\14\TEMPLATE\IDENTITYMODEL\LOGIN etc.
As I am running SharePoint 2016 these assets should have been installed to the 16 Hive which is located under C:\Program Files\Common Files\microsoft shared\Web Server Extensions\16

Is this a known issue? How to I configure Auth0 SSO integration for SharePoint 2016?

As it has been more than a few months since this topic was opened, and there has been no reply or further information provided as to the existence of the issue, we are closing this topic. Please don’t hesitate to create a new topic if this issue is still present, we would be happy to work with you to help find a resolution.