LinkedIn fails on iOS and MacOS Safari

Hi,
LinkedIn authentication appears to fail on iOS & MacOS Safari as an Auth0 error page is displayed saying Oops!, something went wrong. There could be a misconfiguration in the system or a service outage.... However, refreshing the browser page causes our application to display as if the authentication was successful.

![alt text][1]
![alt text][2]

The Auth0 log console says there was a successful login for a LinkedIn connection. There is no problem on iOS Chrome, or Android Chrome or desktop Chrome and the connection Auth0 console LinkedIn connection test. There is no problem with Google or Facebook authentication. On MacOS the developer console displays:

https://instnt-live.eu.auth0.com/login/callback?code=AQSMR2Wg0QJRs8AdkH6dkGfQbz3ebSjeFQ0RAU3dwDDP8fHIrLYMhNRSMxM05bT1R090wtdRA998Dotu84wvmIGxCEBUlL4m8BxDxaEN9fyTJc2Ev7N9UF9DIa8oUApfWkdSDPVQJLlX1cgjwQ0&state=TCZcDBWiQSmreRAkrLlq6hvF8zr-HSch
[Error] Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 400 (Bad Request) (callback, line 0)

Any idea what could be causing this?

thx,
Chris

Hi, this problem is still happening and I’m keen to get it resolved as it’s not a great experience for our end users. The LinkedIn authentication appears to succeed so I don’t understand why the subsequent call back to Auth0 is returning 400 and only for Safari (iOS & MacOS) and not for Chrome or Firefox. Is it an Auth0 config issue, LinkedIn config issue or something else? Here is some more details from a recent authentication attempt with LinkedIn on MacOS Safari…

Summary
URL: https://instnt-live.eu.auth0.com/login/callback?code=AQS6fWb6AjuA5yCERR0Co-rcPOhUvxtRiW2Oqbf77e_bnrF5DjnWRNbRzunnz8Zlz63Yng8RFWwbYFei7tvFHXe-J8U1rb7oA7YkQODtGQJqcIGGpw_JMn5_13xa5962dakKNGSrDhqxCNk1e8c&state=NAWURolj70OMs0FyTy6uK1WmNawIA5oP
Source: Network
Address: 127.0.0.1:12443

Request
GET /login/callback HTTP/1.1
Accept-Encoding: br, gzip, deflate
Host: instnt-live.eu.auth0.com
Accept: text/html,application/xhtml+xml,application/xml;q=0.9,*/*;q=0.8
Connection: keep-alive
User-Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; Intel Mac OS X 10_13_4) AppleWebKit/605.1.15 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/11.1 Safari/605.1.15
Referer: https://www.instnt.com/
Accept-Language: en-gb

Response
HTTP/1.1 400 Bad Request
Content-Type: text/html; charset=utf-8
Content-Length: 2702
Date: Mon, 12 Feb 2018 16:03:48 GMT
Connection: keep-alive
Cache-Control: private, no-store, no-cache, must-revalidate, post-check=0, pre-check=0
X-Auth0-RequestId: ee8e39097560e3f315fb

Query String Parameters
code: AQS6fWb6AjuA5yCERR0Co-rcPOhUvxtRiW2Oqbf77e_bnrF5DjnWRNbRzunnz8Zlz63Yng8RFWwbYFei7tvFHXe-J8U1rb7oA7YkQODtGQJqcIGGpw_JMn5_13xa5962dakKNGSrDhqxCNk1e8c
state: NAWURolj70OMs0FyTy6uK1WmNawIA5oP

Sorry Chris, I am unable to help you with this issue, but may be we can ask someone from Auth0 to answer.
Hi @jmangelo can you please help us with this.

Hi @chris2,
If you look at the technical details provided on this page, You may have pressed the back button, refreshed during login, opened too many login dialogs, or there is some issue with cookies, since we couldn't find your session. Try logging in again from the application and if the problem persists please contact the administrator.

Please try, clearing you cookies or other session browser storage data, if this helps.

Hi @priya.sharma.9362 , thanks for getting back. What page are you referring to with those details? Between the LinkedIn login screen and the subsequent error page there is no back button pressed or screen refresh. I’m sure I removed any cached content before but I’ve just done it now and retested and the problem remains. I wonder if this could be a CORS issue. The authentication happens on or comms site www.instnt.com but on successful login the user is taken to our application recruiter.instnt.com. The only thing is, this works ok for Facebook and Google.

Hi @chris2
I just tried to hit the [[1]]((https://instnt-live.eu.auth0.com/login/callback?code=AQS6fWb6AjuA5yCERR0Co-rcPOhUvxtRiW2Oqbf77e_bnrF5DjnWRNbRzunnz8Zlz63Yng8RFWwbYFei7tvFHXe-J8U1rb7oA7YkQODtGQJqcIGGpw_JMn5_13xa5962dakKNGSrDhqxCNk1e8c&state=NAWURolj70OMs0FyTy6uK1WmNawIA5oP) you have mentioned above.)

As per your request, the callback is mentioned as ‘callback’, instead this should point to the URL where you want to redirect after successful login.
I may sound funny but have you set the callback when invoking this request?

@chris2 Can you provide a snippet from your authentication request? Do you see any errors in your dashboard logs?