2FA - Send verification token in email instead of verification link

Hello Everyone,

We are implementing 2FA using Email-Token mechanism. The auth0 documentation (as below) notes that the method involves sending the user (i.e. over email) a 5-10 alpha-numeric token OR providing a verification-link.

The default implementation from auth0 for “Email Token” sends a verification url/link which on-click performs the verification process. That all sounds good, and it is working for us, BUT we want to instead send a “verification-code” in the email instead of a verification link. And off course in this approach, accordingly, we will have the user enter the verification code which would be part of our Sign-up workflow.

With the above context – Basically, I want to know as to how to configure/implement the above approach using auth0?. I did not find any documentation around configuring that, except for the documentation on Email-Token 2FA (Two Factor Authentication (2FA)), which does mention the use of alpha-numeric token in the email. And my assumption is that they support the approach since its mentioned in the documentation…

Farhan

Hello Everyone,

We are implementing 2FA using Email-Token mechanism. The auth0 documentation (as below) notes that the method involves sending the user (i.e. over email) a 5-10 alpha-numeric token OR providing a verification-link.

The default implementation from auth0 for “Email Token” sends a verification url/link which on-click performs the verification process. That all sounds good, and it is working for us, BUT we want to instead send a “verification-code” in the email instead of a verification link. And off course in this approach, accordingly, we will have the user enter the verification code which would be part of our Sign-up workflow.

With the above context – Basically, I want to know as to how to configure/implement the above approach using auth0?. I did not find any documentation around configuring that, except for the documentation on Email-Token 2FA (https://auth0.com/learn/two-factor-authentication/ writemyessay), which does mention the use of alpha-numeric token in the email. And my assumption is that they support the approach since its mentioned in the documentation…

Farhan

Hello fsarwar,

I’ve been using Gmail account and smtp Gmail inside my web application to test and send emails. At the point when two factor verification was active for my Gmail account, it didn’t manage to send the email, anyway I now want to try the Email-Token. Waiting for the solution too.

any update on this? is it possible to do?