Automatic password reset

I am trying to launch my app by setting the same password for all users. After first login or after 24 hours, I would like to expire all password which will force the users to setup their own passwords. How can I accomplish this?

1 Like

As mentioned in the replies to the other question you posted; if you want to force immediate password change might as well consider not sharing a default password with them and instead force a password reset. The ability to set an expiration time for a password is something that is not available right now, but that should be available soon, although for this case going with forced password reset should be enough. Also have in mind that whatever you do setting the same password for all users is a terribly idea so even if you want to force the password change each password should be unique.

Thank you. My strategy is NOT to share the password and have folks click on the forgot password link and have them reset their own. Is this what you mean by forced password reset? if Its not, can you tell me how I would be able to do it.

Thanks

Thank you. My strategy is NOT to share the password and have folks click on the forgot password link and have them reset their own. Is this what you mean by forced password reset? if Its not, can you tell me how I would be able to do it.

Thanks

Yes, that is what I meant.

This topic was automatically closed 15 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.