Webhooks geoip

We want to show a country specific footer in our e-mail templates and also on the first verification e-mail. As described in the documents I’ve added the Rule to get the language but the Rules aren’t ran on user signup and we cannot add the country specific footer using that rule.

I tried to create a similar webhook but apparently the geoip information isn’t available inside the webhook.

Is there a way to add a country specific footer inside the first verification mail?

Given you mentioned that rule I’m assuming you were adding the country information to the user metadata and then the email template would react accordingly. At this time, the user registration hooks do not surface that information. Based on the information I have it’s planned to surface the IP address in those hooks, but even that would require you to then map the IP address to a country in the hook itself and as such would not be the same exact experience as in rules.

With the above in mind, depending on how the signups are being made one immediately available possibility is for the component performing the signup to send that country information as part of the user metadata that can be added during a signup request.

@jmangelo many thanks for your response, that is exactly what we are doing. Unfortunately we can’t manipulate the metadata ourselves because we are using the Lock component, is there a way to send these additional fields with the Lock during signup?

@jmangelo many thanks for your response, that is exactly what we are doing. Unfortunately we can’t manipulate the metadata ourselves because we are using the Lock component, is there a way to send these additional fields with the Lock during signup?

Lock technically supports sending additional information as part of user metadata through the use of additional fields. However, those fields would appear in the UI shown by Lock as there is no support to add a field with a default value and not show it in the UI.

Thank you very much for your help, we will try to resolve it on business side.