Getting error when logging in using database and hosted login page --> access_denied: Password login is disabled for clients using externally hosted login pages with oidc_conformant flag set.

Social connections such as Google work, but when I try to use a database connection I get the following error:

access_denied: Password login is disabled for clients using externally hosted login pages with oidc_conformant flag set.

The weird thing is that I am using the Auth0 hosted login page. Is there anything else I can try?

(Update)
I’ve switched over to a custom database and now I get a different error when signing up. On the sign up page I see:
WE’RE SORRY, SOMETHING WENT WRONG WHEN ATTEMPTING TO SIGN UP.

In the logs, I see:
Type Failed Signup
Description email is not defined

I have a similar issue with my application, a Xamarin.Forms app.

This is only occurring for one user and I cannot reproduce it. The user is able to sign up but login fails with error message: “Password login via OIDC-conformant clients with externally-hosted login pages is unsupported. Alternatively, login could have been initiated from the wrong place (e.g., a bookmark).”

He uses a Samsung S8, and I have tried to use my Samsung S8 to login with email/password as well as facebook login - both works as expected.

The application uses Auth0.OidcClient.Android and Hosted Login Page.

Hi @services

Perhaps the OIDC conformant flag for your client has been enabled (intentionally or unintentionally) which is causing your requests to be rejected, as it disables some legacy features and username-password-authentication is a legacy approach. You can explore more about it here

Additionally please check that you have enabled password grant under your client advanced settings
![image][1]