How does Signup using Lock widget support Active Directory

I have a valid Active Directory connection. I am using the Lock widget with a client application that allows signup.

I enter the user name on the Signup tab which causes it to flip to a new entry requiring email. I enter email address and click Signup but nothing happens?

I’m missing something here. Can anyone point me to a reference?
Thanks.

It may be not just only you that is missing something; I configured a client application to only have an Active Directory enterprise connection enabled and then did an /authorize request in association with that client application.

The above took me to the centralized login (aka hosted login page (aka HLP)) where Lock was shown. I have a customized HLP, but only to change Lock primary color so this should be equivalent to the standard template (although I’m only using Lock 10.18 in mine). In this screen Lock did not even showed me the option to signup as it would be expected because to my knowledge there’s no way to signup a user into an AD connection; you can only authenticate against it.

You may want to update your question with additional details on your exact setup.

Thanks for the response, and great points. I need to try a few things and I’ll polish my original question. Thanks again.

Thanks again for the feedback and challenge me to dig deeper. I’m wiring up a solution that uses AD, Social Providers, but also supports a Custom Database with migration support.

I stepped back and realized that Sign up was not the option and once the AD user had the correct configuration all they needed to do was login.

Problem solved for now.

Thanks for the response, and great points. I need to try a few things and I’ll polish my original question. Thanks again.