Creating a Custom Authorizers for AWS on windows

I followed the tutorial Secure AWS API Gateway Endpoints Using Custom Authorizers regarding creating a Custom Authorizers for AWS every thing is good till I run the “npm run bundle” it removes all the files but I cant find any zip.

Yes, the npm run bundle is dependent on a zip system utility that is not available on windows and the command itself triggers multiple commands in a way that is not platform agnostic so that command is not really supported on Windows.

From a quick look that command would create a *.zip with the node_modules directory and also all the *.js and *.json files in the current directory so you may want to just replicate that behavior by hand using whatever Zip utility you have available on Windows. I’ll also let the documentation team know about this given that at least a warning should be present in the docs; thanks for reporting.

@jmangelo thanks for your answer do I need to copy the full node_modules directory? it has a lot of stuff init. Sorry I am new at node.js

Eli

@jmangelo thanks for your answer do I need to copy the full node_modules directory? it has a lot of stuff init. Sorry I am new at node.js

Eli

Yes, based on my observations. I basically download the sample, run npm install and then npm run bundle in a Mac; the outcome was a zip containing the full node_modules directory plus all the *.js and *.json files.