How to create user_metadata for a New user sign up in Postman

Trying to test a create New user sign up with user_metadata fields in POSTMAN using the Auth0 Collection but keep getting the error:
{
“error”: “invalid user_metadata type (expected object)”
}
When I look at the HTTP or CURL Code, the Json file is not translated correctly.
I am using user_metadata in Body variable and content-type set as application/json

I tried all possible combination for the value of the user_metadata Key including escape characters for the curly brackets etcc… but unscussful so far.

Test json:
{“fish”: “a85”,“color”: “blah” }]

Based on the test JSON you included in the question the issue is that you’re trying to pass an array and not an object. I just tried to signup an end-user through /dbconnections/signup endpoint using the following JSON payload and worked as expected:

{
  "email": "user@example.com",
  "password": "x",
  "connection": "db",
	"user_metadata": {
		"fish": "a85",
		"color": "blah"
	}
}

Have in mind that the metadata properties specified through that endpoint must be string properties and that there is a maximum number of allowed properties you can set through that endpoint.

Thanks…It works if placed as -raw- in body… not if in x-www-form-urlencoded…
However, this does not matter as all I needed was to get the xhr format which works perfectly

Thanks…It works if placed as -raw- in body… not if in x-www-form-urlencoded…
However, this does not matter as all I needed was to get the xhr format which works perfectly