OTP Email Ownership Verification

Do you have an API for verifying Emails and Phones with an OTP (one-time password)?

I need to onboard new user and do some verifications on them including phone and email ownership via OTP. The authentication and user storage is currently on our end.

I am currently using Authy for OTP phone verification, but could not find an API for OTP email verification.

I find it hard to believe that no API exists to carry on a common use case (verifications of email and phone while onboarding new users).

There is no API with that specific sole purpose. Having said that the existing support for passwordless authentication (either by email or phone) implies that as part of the authentication process depending on the method being used either the email address or phone number is verified using a one-time password.

However, the above API is meant for authentication of users without requiring service specific passwords so it’s not technically a verification API (although you get that as a by-product of authentication). You should review the documentation and decide if it’s applicable for you or not.

Thanks for you prompt reply.

The app we are developing won’t need user login (just API access auth, OAuth2) but needs to store the data the user is entering at the onboarding process, and display that information on some kind of dashboard UI. I am aware that your solution is for authenticating users. Do you provide support for use cases regarding storage of new users onboarding data as outlined?

Also, someone told me that you are an Argentinian company, is that right? I am Argentinian :slight_smile:

Cheers!

Thanks for you prompt reply.

The app we are developing won’t need user login (just API access auth, OAuth2) but needs to store the data the user is entering at the onboarding process, and display that information on some kind of dashboard UI. I am aware that your solution is for authenticating users. Do you provide support for use cases regarding storage of new users onboarding data as outlined?

Also, someone told me that you are an Argentinian company, is that right? I am Argentinian :slight_smile:

Cheers!

There is some support in the for of user metadata for storing information related to the end-user, however, that should not be treated as a substitute for dedicated client application storage as it is meant for information relevant for the authentication decisions that would be made when using the service for end-user authentication.

We do have physical offices and a strong background in Argentina, but given that we embrace remote working we are also a company spread a bit across the world.