Can I use user metadata in Passwordless email template

When using {{ user.user_metadata.VAR }} the property is not exposed and nothing is shown in the email.

The user.user_metadata is not exposed to email template, as it should be as per the official docs.

Have in mind that the supported parameters for the passwordless email template are listed in the table present in the end of this section of the reference documentation and the user metadata is not listed as an available parameter.

If the documentation you were referring to was the general one (https://auth0.com/docs/email/liquid-syntax#liquid-markup-tag) about how to use the Liquid syntax then I understand the confusion, but those docs are meant only to showcase the actual syntax. If some other documentation lead you to the conclusion above then please update the question with a link to it.

Indeed, I was looking at the normal liquid syntax email templating doc - it’s strange though that they don’t expose the same variables. ( I also find it kind of really hard to find that the login passwordless email doesn’t show up under “Emails” → “templates” ).
Anyhow, fortunately the exposed request_language was what I was looking for, though it’s a shame we can’t access other info from the profile yet.

Thanks your your help !

Indeed, I was looking at the normal liquid syntax email templating doc - it’s strange though that they don’t expose the same variables. ( I also find it kind of really hard to find that the login passwordless email doesn’t show up under “Emails” → “templates” ).
Anyhow, fortunately the exposed request_language was what I was looking for, though it’s a shame we can’t access other info from the profile yet.

Thanks your your help !