Unable to access Auth0 account/dashboard

I created an Auth0 account with my email and password.
I can no longer login to that account. Thinking that I just had the password wrong, I’ve requested a change of password (multiple times). I haven’t receive any emails to allow me to change my password.
I’m 100% positive I’m providing the correct email address and there’s nothing in my spam folder. I’m effectively locked out of the dashboard.
I have a possible theory:
At some point I mistakenly logged in using my google account (social media login).
This created a second account separate from account 1 even though they’re both tied to the same email address.
I’m wondering if the second account created using the social media login is interfering with the account created using email/password.
Any ideas?

The most common problem in reports similar to this is a slight variation of the one you mentioned, in particular, the case of using a social identity method on first login and creating a tenant with that identity and then after some time trying to login through a different method. The methods of login will create separate identities even if the underlying email address is the same; in addition, the reset password flow will only work if you indeed signed up with custom password credentials specific to Auth0. Have in mind that in order to not disclose any information the reset password flow will not complain if you try to reset the password of an email address for which there is no custom credentials associated (it will just not send any email).

Given that I can’t disclose account information the general recommendation is for you to try all the other authentication methods so that you can confirm if you used one of the others the first time. For example, it’ common to have people with gmail methods confusing this because the other methods can also return the same email address while the fact that email is reflected on the dashboard can lead them to think they used Google authentication. If you try with all the methods and are still unable to login then another (non-public) method of communication may be required in order to further troubleshoot the situation.

Thanks @jmangelo for the explanation. My primary account is the one with the custom password and which has my running tenant. I realized immediately when I logged in with the social identity method that a separate account had been created. I did not realize however the effect on my primary account until I was required to re-enter my credentials. I have tried all I can to access the primary account to no avail. If we can troubleshoot further in private, that would be great.

Thanks @jmangelo for the explanation. My primary account is the one with the custom password and which has my running tenant. I realized immediately when I logged in with the social identity method that a separate account had been created. I did not realize however the effect on my primary account until I was required to re-enter my credentials. I have tried all I can to access the primary account to no avail. If we can troubleshoot further in private, that would be great.

You should have received an email message; let me know here otherwise.