How to get email for vkontakte?

It occurred to me that user who authenticates with Vkontakte do not have emails in his profile. Have I missed something? I know that Vkontakte could give emails. If it is not in a setting, maybe I could ask emails additionally from those who choose Vkontakte to authenticate?

At this time the vkontakte social connection does not support exposing the email address of the end-user. A quick search did indeed suggest that there is a way to get it from vkontakte during the OAuth flow, but there’s no support for that approach.

You can either handle this on the client application level and just require the end-user to provide an email address for the application to use as part of its business logic and not even reflect this at the Auth0 level or you can go with a progressive profiling approach that augments the user profile information at Auth0 and as such can benefit the entire ecosystem of client applications instead of just one.

It is really sad to hear especially because of the vast majority of the user of the project i’m working on right now are Russian.
Anyway, thank you for the links

It is really sad to hear especially because of the vast majority of the user of the project i’m working on right now are Russian.
Anyway, thank you for the links

I’ll add a suggestion to the product backlog related to email support in that social provider connection, but that is no guarantee that it will be implemented.

Same problem here. We reeealy need to a way to get an email from vk