Bulk User Delete

Is there any way to delete a group of users based on search results? I want to delete a bunch of users whose email address is in a specific domain. Right now I am doing it one off in the Web management tool and it is slow and painful.

1 Like

To my knowledge there’s no built-in way to bulk delete users, however, instead of using the Dashboard you can consider using the Management API. Have in mind that you would still be subject to the rate limits imposed into that API and as such any automated script you implement would need to be within those limits.

Given that you were performing this manually I’m assuming it’s not a huge amount of users so the Management API option is likely the most suitable, however, for cases where there is a significant number of users you may want to do it in smaller batches or provide some kind of warning because a large amount of requests could be interpreted as excessive usage and be blocked.

I have a similar use case… I have a “test” connection that I use for my local development and so I end up with lots of test users that I will, ultimately, want to delete.
Doing this manually (as @rich said) is slow and laborious.

Some improvements to the UI would really help, such as

• Allow the ability to bulk delete (the ideal)
  • Don’t reset the pagination of the Users view after interacting with a user
  • Allow the deletion of a user from the User list view
2 Likes

I have a similar use case… I have a “test” connection that I use for my local development and so I end up with lots of test users that I will, ultimately, want to delete.
Doing this manually (as @rich said) is slow and laborious.

Some improvements to the UI would really help, such as

• Allow the ability to bulk delete (the ideal)
  • Don’t reset the pagination of the Users view after interacting with a user
  • Allow the deletion of a user from the User list view
1 Like

This would be something you can submit to Ideas and we can explore the feasibility.

1 Like

@dan.rumney / @rich - please submit to Ideas and we can explore the feasibility.